Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Netflix Update: What's New in December 2014

In which I report on the upcoming changes to Netflix.

Since I have already gone over what treasured classics and cinematic favorites left us this last month, I thought that it would be prudent to go over what films (and series) are replacing them this month.
Well, first of all, I clearly didn't plan my DVD rentals very well, since I currently have a copy of Almost Famous checked out from Family Video.  As a result, this will be the first newly available film on Netflix that I will cross off of my list (even if it is due to sheer stupidity).

Those who have been following this blog for a little bit will know of my love of American Horror Story.  Although I've fallen a little behind at the moment, I am currently reviewing American Horror Story: Freakshow episode-by-episode.  And although I have been warned by those who have already seen it that it is currently the worst season that the show has yet to produce, I can't pretend that I don't desperately want to see it.  Between Kathy Bates, Janet Leigh and all the darkness that the creative team responsible for Glee could come up with, is it any wonder why?
Other than Her, The Wolf of Wall Street is the only big film from last year that I have yet to see.  I missed the opportunity when my parents got it through the mail from Netflix and have been basically biding my time ever since.  Now that it's finally hear, I can check out this controversially good film for myself.

I will guiltily confess wanting to see Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues and Sharknado 2: The Second One despite having no hope whatsoever that they will amount to even decent films.  the original Anchorman is one of the rare comedies that I love and I still can't explain exactly how the first Sharknado cobbled together such an enjoyable film from such a ludicrous premise, low budget and bargain bin creative talent.  I certainly wasn't going to pay to see either of these films invariably embarrass themselves, but for the low, low price of free, I'd be happy enough to check them out.
Beyond that, Netflix is getting a slew of great movies that, having already seen them, I wouldn't mind rewatching.  Notably, this includes American Beauty (which I think that Becky enjoyed as much as she did Being John Malkovich), Oculus (which I was getting ready to simply shell the money out for to see again), Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (a serviceable entry into the series), A Knight's Tale and Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion.

So while last month saw the removal of a massive chunk of extremely good films without all that much to replace it, December seems to be the opposite.  While there were a couple films that I was moderately sad to see go, there wasn't really anything that demanded my immediate attention.  And of the new crop of incoming titles, there are plenty that I want to see.
So which films (or shows) are you most excited about being streamable this month?  Is there anything that you were especially upset to see go?  Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.

Available 12/1
A Knight's Tale (2001)
Almost Famous (2000)
American Beauty (1999)
Bewitched (2005)
Jewtopia (2012)
Knights of Badassdom (2014)
Madison (2005)
Out of the Clear Blue Sky (2012)
Out of Time (2003)
The Out-of-Towners (1999)
Troop Beverly Hills (1989)
Turbo FAST (New episodes)
Available 12/3
Oculus (2014)
Son of God (2014)
Available 12/5
Bill Burr: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way (2014)
Available 12/6
American Horror Story: Coven
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Super-sized version (2013)
Ava & Lala (2014)
Sharknado 2: The Second One (2014)
Available 12/8
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown (Season 3)
Available 12/9
I Am Ali (2014)
Drive Hard (2014)
Available 12/10
A Haunted House 2 (2014)
Available 12/11
The Village (2004)
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
Available 12/12
Broadchurch (Season 1)
Marco Polo (Season 1)
Nick Offerman: American Ham
Available 12/13
Don't Blink (2014)
Available 12/15
Jake Squared (2014)
Available 12/18
Ragnarok (2014)
The Honourable Woman 
(Season 1)
Available 12/19
All Hail King Julien
Available 12/20
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones Extended Edition (2014)
Available 12/22
Dark Skies (2013)
Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997)
Available 12/23
The Trip to Italy (2014)
Available 12/24
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (2014)
Available 12/25
Good People (2014)
Available 12/27
Child of God (2014)
Labor Day (2013)
Available 12/28
Behaving Badly (2014)
Comedy Bang! Bang! (Season 3)
I, Frankenstein (2014)
Maron (Season 2)
Jessie (Season 3)
Available 12/30
Last Weekend (2014)
If you liked what you read, please share this post on social media and subscribe to this blog in order to keep up with the latest posts.  Ask questions or share your thoughts in the comments section below.

1 comment:

  1. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone every day.

    Follow our signals NOW and profit up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete