Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Blog Update: Back in Black

In which I detail upcoming changes to Filmquisition.

As most of you have probably noticed, my posting lately has been a bit spotty: mostly coming down to Becky's Lady's Choice articles in these last few weeks.  This mostly comes down to a matter of unfortunate timing: a storm taking out our power and internet, having to deal with the aftermath of said storm, and then leaving for the West Coast for two weeks on vacation.  Chase that with a miscommunication to Becky about explaining my absence, and we arrive at the present.
I'm back now, however, and am ready to start posting daily content once again.  Due to the increasing desperation of my job search, however - fuelled by the depressing realization that I'm fast approaching my one-year anniversary of working at a minimum wage job - I doubt that I will be able to keep up with my previous pledge of 3 articles per week day.  I'm simply not making any money doing this and need to find a sound job to allow me to post well into the future.

As such, the new plan is to slightly scale back to 2 articles per week day.  Some days may be more (especially with Becky wanting to review whichever new movie I don't get around to reviewing for the week), but the goal is to stay at a minimum of two per day.
I'll additionally try to keep the each day's scheduled content the same, although sometimes a news article will necessarilly take the place of a review (most likely) or an editorial (less likely).  The hope is that when I do secure a not-depressing job, I'll be able to go back to the previously scheduled 3 articles per day.

I'm also thinking of doing something different with my Unreality Companion articles.  Going on a year of writing them, they've lost a lot of flavor with me.  Some days they come easily and naturally, while other times they feel incredibly forced.  I don't know yet what new form these articles will take (maybe just shifting some of the tragically passed-over ones from earlier in the week to this slot), but I will let you know when I've figured it out.
What would you like to see replace Unreality Companion?  Share your thoughts in the comment section below.

Join the Filmquisition on Twitter (@Filmquisition) or by subscribing to this blog.

1 comment:

  1. As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is in fact the SINGLE reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh 19 KG less than we do.

    (And actually, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and really, EVERYTHING about "how" they eat.)

    P.S, I said "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    Click on this link to determine if this easy test can help you decipher your real weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete