Wednesday, October 8, 2014

And So It Begins

The fall television season, that is.  Sure, a lot of new fall shows have already started - Hell, I've already started doing reviews for Gotham, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.South Park and Family Guy - but this week starts the Fall out in earnest.  While the last few weeks have featured no more than one show a night, yesterday had two (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Flash) and tonight has three (Arrow, American Horror Story: Freak Show and South Park).  In two weeks, Constantine will be added to that roster and in January, so will Agent Carter.  The time for taking things easy has finally come to an end.
The DC Fall TV lineup: Arrow, The Flash, Gotham and Constantine.
Since my Unreality article on Friday is going to be a review of the Flash's premiere episode, even this week isn't as busy as it could have been.  Before the month is out, however, I will be faced with reviewing seven different shows over the course of the week, five of which fall on the same two consecutive days.  And with the possibility of a new job on the horizon, keeping up with it all looks like it'll be a pretty daunting prospect.

It is, however, a prospect that I feel confident in meeting.  While it may take me a few weeks to fully work out all of the kinks, I am steadfast in my aim to review all of these shows every week.  It may be that I'll have to stagger the days where I post my reviews - I know for a fact that I won't be able to fit in three reviews on Wednesday evenings - but I will work something out so that they continue to be the same high-quality, timely reviews that I've been meting out over these last three weeks.
So it's time to dig in my heels, because Arrow is coming.  And American Horror Story.  And South Park.  All three tonight.  The plan is to hammer out two reviews this evening - Arrow and Freakshow - and to take care of South Park tomorrow morning.  After tonight, we should have an idea about how much - or little - can be managed in just one night.

If you liked what you read, please share this post on social media and subscribe to this blog in order to keep up with the latest posts.  Ask questions or share your thoughts in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment