Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Update: The Big Move

In which I share pending changes for Just a Matter of CineMantics.

As many of you know, I just got a job as a freelance writer at a local Jacksonville, Il newspaper called The Source - and yes, for those of you who are aware, it is, in fact, that Jacksonville - in a town that's about 30 miles West of Springfield.  And because changes in my personal life seem to correspond with equivalent changes in this blog, I thought that I would share what some of those changes are likely to be.
Funds being tight at the present, I will not be getting cable, instead mooching long-distance from my parents through the X-Finity Go ap.  Sadly, this means that I will have to drop reviewing theshows that are not available through the ap - some of which are still perplexingly availble On Demand.  These are the same shows that were absent this last week when I was away from home: Arrow, Flash and South Park.

Since I can still keep up with these when I go home (since they are On Demand), I'll probably end up ddoing a season review, rather than offering extremely late and erratic episode-by-episode reviews.  If anybody knows of a place online that I can find the latest episodes of these shows, I would be incredibly grateful if you can share that information in the comments section below.  I will still be able to keep up with Gotham, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and American Horror Story: Freakshow, but these episodes will come a day later than they used to (since their availability on the ap is staggered from their initial air date).  We'll have to wait to see if the ap will include Constantine, which premieres this week.

So while Piece of the Puzzle instalments will become less frequent, it's pretty safe to say that From the Vaults - and especially Date Nights - will become increasingly more so.  Since I am so conveniently close to Becky now, its only natural that we'll be able to do a lot more together, a large part of which will be watching movies.

Especially since my "busy days" have cleared up, I will also try to start doing daily blog posts - including the previously barren Saturday and Sunday.  This will help accomodate the increasing frequency of Date Nights and From the Vaults, but will also allow for new content possibilities that I have only been able to toy with in the old schedule, including more generally-themed articles.
So that's the way things look at the moment: The Weekend Review on Monday, Piece of the Puzzle on Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday (Gotham / Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. / American Horror Story: Freakshow), Unreality Companion on Friday and probably at least one installmnt of both Date Night and From the Vault on the weekends.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this schedule as well as I was able to keep up with the previous schedule.

If you liked what you read, please share this post on social media and subscribe to this blog in order to keep up with the latest posts.  Ask questions or share your thoughts in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment