Friday, May 8, 2015

The Weekend Forecast: Avengers, Avengers, Avengers

In which I predict that big winners (and losers) at the box office this weekend.

There really shouldn't be any doubt about what's going to rule this weekend's box office take.  Age of Ultron is still the summer's hot ticket and nobody wants to compete with it.  We don't have any worthwhile movies come out until the latest Mad Max movie later this month, and I'm still not convinced that it'll be enough to dethrone Avengers as #1.
Only one movie is foolhardy enough to try to upset the inevitable Avengers-dominated weekend: Hot Pursuit.  Not quite sure which movie I'm talking about?  Don't worry, nobody else does either.  It's a tired-looking Reese Witherspoon cop comedy that basically looks like 21 Jump Street for women.

I don't expect it to completely crash and burn, though.  It's new, it has a pretty sizable star in the lead and it's going fr the Paul Blart crowd that already saw Age of Ultron last weekend.  I expect that it'll show up somewhere in the weekend's top ten, just don't expect it to come anywhere close to putting up Avengers-sized numbers.
I don't know about the rest of you, but the real question this weekend is "do I take the weekend off or do I see Age of Ultron again?"  It's definitely worth seeing as many times in theaters as you can afford, and I plan on revisiting it often over the course of the summer.

So what movie are you planning on seeing in theaters this weekend?  Share your thoughts in the comment section below.

Join the Filmquisition on Twitter (@Filmquisition) or by subscribing to this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I actually was thinking of seeing Dues Ex, but will probably just see Avengers again.

    ReplyDelete