Friday, March 20, 2015

Trailer Park: Age of Ultron's New TV Spot

In which I discuss the latest movie trailers.

I debated whether or not to branch the Trailer Park series out to include TV spots, but I decided that they were close enough to actual trailers to count for my purposes.  After all, it ultimately serves the exact same purpose as what you'd see in an actual movie theater, just shorter and reaching a slightly different crowd.  Besides, it's been a while since we've had something to talk about with Age of Ultron, right?  Right??
The TV spot actually tells us a surprising lot that wasn't addressed in any of the trailers proper.  The first thing that stands out is essentially confirmation that the Avengers have been privatized under Stark Industries, although Cap's still calling the shots (smart move, considering that he's the Quatre of the team).  This could actually lead to a really interesting power struggle between Stark and Rogers (financial backer and tactical leader) that will undoubtedly act as a precursor to Civil War.

The second thing that it tells us that the trailers didn't - what I had already guessed on my own - is that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are added to the Avenger roster.  Not just added: planted by Ultron.  Remember his line in the third trailer: "we can tear them apart from the inside?"  That's what happens when you insert sleeper agents behind enemy lines.  I for one couldn't be more excited to see what they'll actually get up to in the movie.
Usually by this point in a film's advertising campaign, I'm sick to death of the ads, trailers and tv spots and just want the movie to come out so that I don't have to be bombarded by them any more.  As strange as it is though, I've still yet to reach that saturation point with Age of Ultron.  Each new advertising push only makes me more excited about the movie, largely because of how few new things they show in each one.  I know going into it I will still be about as unspoiled as I was after watching the first trailer, and that's just something that you don't get nowadays.

So who are you most looking forward to seeing back in action in Age of Ultron?  Share your thoughts in the comment section below.

Join the Filmquisition on Twitter (@Filmquisition) or by subscribing to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment